Find your local store to view product availability
Troy wanted a 'unicorn' of a tire - a center tread design that carried speed easily but with edge blocks worthy of world-class cornering speed. Using our Rekon, Minon DHF, and High Roller II tread patterns as a starting point, Troy and our engineering team began development on the Dissector during the 2018 World Cup season.
The center knobs are all heavily ramped to minimize drag, but retain sharp, flat edges along their backs to provide strong braking traction. Small sipes give the knobs additional flexion, increasing their surface area during braking and aiding the transition to the edge blocks when cornering. C-shaped edge blocks alternate between being closer and farther away from the center line of the tire. This pattern reduces vagueness when transferring from the center tread to the cornering tread. A distinct channel along either side of the center knobs - along with ample spacing between all lugs - helps to clear debris.
Recommended as a rear tire
- Ideal for dry, fast tracks and bike parks
- Wide Trail (WT) casing is optimized for 30-35mm inner rim widths
- EXO and DH casing options
- EXO An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tires. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high
-EXO PLUS Our EXO+ construction combines two of our best puncture protection materials: SilkShield and EXO. The SilkShield layer runs from bead-to-bead with a layer of EXO along the sidewalls. Combined, these two materials create EXO+ which improves tread puncture protection by 27%; sidewall durability by 51%; and resistance to pinch flats by 28%.
- DOUBLEDOWN DoubleDown (DD) is the next step in the evolution of the dual-ply tire casing for enduro racing. Two 120 TPI casing layers reinforced with a butyl insert provide the enduro racer with the support and protection of a downhill tire, but in a lighter package.
- TR Tubeless Ready
- 3C MAXXTERRA An intermediate compound configuration used in select mountain tires. 3C MaxxTerra is softer and offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip
- 3C MAXXGRIP 3C MaxxGrip uses the softest rubber compounds to offer the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications.
- 3C TRIPPLE COMPOUND Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of our 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: MaxxSpeed, MaxxTerra and MaxxGrip.